- Colorectal (CRC) is the worldwide second leading cancer in incidence and mortality.
- European guidelines recommend CRC prevention based on screening the population risk (all 50-75-years-old population).
- The current organized screening programs use Immunological Fecal occult blood Test (FIT) base on detecting blood in feces. But, because blood is not a specific marker of CRC, using FIT in its maximum sensitivity implies an high rate of false positive and induce a large amount of unnecessary colonoscopies.
- Specific non-invasive screening tools focused on detection at early stages become a keystone in order to prevent CRC.
RAID-CRC is a patented non-invasive system that complements FIT screening with determination CRC microbiological signature in fecal sample.
- Microbiologial signature defined in 80 intestinal biopsies with CRC and normal colonoscopy. The identification of these bacteria in adherent intestinal mucosa allows us to avoid their vulnerability to dietary changes in different populations. Clinical validation with the University Hospital Dr. Josep Trueta.
- Microbiological signature tested in fecal sample of 331 spanish cohort with compatible CRC symptomatolog. Clinical validation with the University Hospital Dr. Josep Trueta, the Bellvitge University Hospital, the Catalan Institute of Oncology and the Ourense University Hospital Complex.
In 2018 we aim to perform a clinical validation in German screening population (n=2.800) and launch RAID-CRC to the market in 2019 with total financial needs of 4 million euros.
Jornada “Empreses Emergents i Finançament” StartUp Girona Dia/Mes: 8 de novembre Hora: 12:25 ...
25th UEG Week Barcelona 2017 Day/Month: October 28 – November 1, 2017 Place: Fira Gran ...
GoodGut has moved to a new space at Science and Technology Park of ...