- Digestive diseases have a high incidence rate and a chronic and serious impact on the daily lives of sufferers.
- 80% of inflamatory bowel disease (IBD) patients need surgery and 65% of those who have undergone surgery relapse after one year.
- The intestinal microbiome of patients with IBD differs from that of healthy individuals and shows a defined dysbiosis.
- Probiotic treatment temporarily provides protective bacteria but does not succeed in balancing dysbiosis over the long term in IBD patients.
GoodGut’s therapeutic prebiotic for patients with IBD has been developed using an innovative approach based on our company’s know-how: we have focused on nutritional factors that selectively induce the growth and activity of protective gut bacteria. In addition, it has a number of advantages compared to probiotics:
- It has greater treatment efficacy
- No refrigeration required
- It balances dysbiosis
We expect to have validation in order to place Previpect on the market in 2019. We are also developing the first non-invasive system, called RAID-CD, for the diagnosis of IBD.
Jornada “Empreses Emergents i Finançament” StartUp Girona Dia/Mes: 8 de novembre Hora: 12:25 ...
25th UEG Week Barcelona 2017 Day/Month: October 28 – November 1, 2017 Place: Fira Gran ...
GoodGut has moved to a new space at Science and Technology Park of ...